Wednesday 18 December 2013

Men disturb me a lot - Nollywood star, Mercy Aigbe

Mercy Aigbe
 Sexy star actress Mercy Aigbe is one of the leading names in the Yoruba movie industry and has equally paid her dues since sauntering into the make believe world.
In this lovely encounter, the married mother of two, opened up her many battles with men, how she's coping with their temptations, her career, family and other interesting issues.


You look so beautiful, what is the secret?
I will say it is God.

How did you manage to lose so much weight after childbirth?
I go to the gym a lot; I eat right and I drink a lot of water.

How is motherhood like?
It has been awesome and fantastic; I will always say that. I am a proud mother of two. I take my role as a mother very serious and I love my job as well that is the reason I came for this event to join in celebrating Nollywood at 20.
How do you cope with motherhood and your career?
It is not too easy to marry all these things together but thank God for me. I have a very wonderful and understanding husband that supports me in everything I do. I also have my mum too, she is indeed a mother but the most important thing is that I have a family that understands me; my husband is a wonderful man I must say.
What about when you are on location, how does your husband cope?

He met me as an actress. He met me doing my thing as an actress. He knows that doing what I am doing actually makes me happy. If you want to have a happy home, all you should do is support your partner. So, even when I am working on locations, he shows understanding. He is very fantastic and its makes my job very easy.
What if he asks you to quit acting?
If he says I should, I will because my family comes first. But like I said earlier, I am sure my husband will want to have a happy woman at home because a happy woman is a very productive woman, so he won’t want me to be unhappy. So he will not ask me to quit.
There was this fight you had with your fellow actress, what is the real story?
I don’t know anything about what you are talking about. I have never had any fight with anybody.
Is mercy Aigbe controversial or not?
I am not controversial. I have never had any fight with anybody.
Have you ever been tempted in any way to have sex with another man aside your husband?
Yes of course, I have, but no amount of money or material things can make me do anything stupid.
I love my family so well that nothing on this earth can entice me to do something negative. I have never cheated and will never cheat on my husband no matter what.
How much do you love sex?
(Laughing) Maybe you should ask my husband that. He is in the right position to tell you that.

If you have a chance to have a night with either, Saidi Balogun or Ramsey Nouah, who would it be?
None of them. When I started this job, I made up my mind never to have anything to do with any of the actors and I have kept to it.
Is it because of what you have heard about actors?
No. Not at all. Before I got married, whenever I go into relationship, I have it in mind to probably end up in marriage. I have never thought of marring an actor because I don’t want a situation of me being on location and my husband too will be on same location or another one. I wouldn’t want that for my kids.
How about a crush on any of them?
None at all, I am a full professional to the core.
Tell us about your background?
I am from Edo State but I am more seen in Yoruba movies.
Why is it so?
I don’t know, but I am everywhere.
Is it because you are good only in that field?
Not at all, I studied Theater Art. I am a professional to the core. I am a thespian. I am not trained to do things in small ways, so as an actor you should be able to learn and act in different languages. When I started, I was finding it hard to read the scripts then, but because of my love for the job it made it easier for me but here I am today celebrated as a super star. They is nothing stopping me from doing English movies, maybe this is where God want me to be.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
That should be when a woman walked up to me and said to me in anger “Ha! this woman you are always wicked in movies and always shouting and collecting somebody’s boyfriend in movies.” I tried to calm her down and explain that all she is seeing is just movies and nothing more. It was really embarrassing. The other one was when a guy met me and took off his shirt and asked me to sign on his biceps.   
Who is the real Mercy Aigbe?
Mercy is a very down to earth person and friendly that is why I smile a lot.
What will you not do in the name of acting?
I will never act nude, we have not gotten to that stage and I pray we don’t ever get there.
Who are your cliques in the industry?
I am a very diplomatic person. I get along with everybody in the industry. You can never hear Mercy fight.
Can you remember the first time you had sex?
I was in the polytechnic then; the first day is always painful to me just as it is to every other girl that is being deflowered.
How did you meet your husband?
I met him through a friend.
The new project you are working on, what is it all about?
I have a movie I am working on, the concluding part of my movie Osas and it is going to the cinema soon.
Some say Osas copied Funke Akindele movie Jennifer, how true is that?
That is not true, people just made up that story. I wonder what they want from it.
So how close are you to Funke?
We are very close and we are good friends too.
Why do you want to make another Osas?
I didn’t conclude the last one. If you have seen the movie you will know it is not yet complete and I am doing it because of the demand for it.
What has been your challenge on movie productions?
Challenges come in different directions. But as an upcoming actress then, I was trying to make people believe in me and thank God they did. As a professional now, I try to manage them. As a film maker, it is hard for me to put my money in a project and get it back. There is no guaranty that you are going to get your money back, which is also a challenge for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

Comments And Opinions On Any Part Of This Website Are Opinions Of The Writers Or Anonymous Persons And They Do Not Represent The Opinions Of Ella's Media

Pictures and culled stories posted on this site will be given due credit and is not the fault of Ella's Media if they are NOT given original credit from website culled from.

N:B. If you have a complain or story, please contact Ella's Media via nuellaopeters@gmail.com or +2348068124206