Friday 15 February 2019

Singer Turned Pastor Reconsiders Making Secular Music


Nigeria Secular musician turned pastor, Soul E has revealed that being a pastor does not stop him from doing love or inspirational songs.

The singer who made this known in a recent interview said that he might be doing a new songs soon, but added that his spiritual life was much more important to him.


Soul E (real name is Emmanuel Okosi), dumped his promising music career, after a stormy breakup with his ex-wife, Queen Ure and a strained relationship with his former records label, Colossal Entertainment.

Afterwards, he announced that he had become a preacher and after hanging around Abuja for a spell, virtually vanished from the music scene. Later it turned out that he had relocated from Nigeria.

Claiming that he found a better place in Lesotho, Soul E said he had no regret whatsoever.

“God has blessed me abundantly. I have no reason to complain. God exposed me to people who I never believed I could meet.

“Working for God opens doors for you. In my church in Lesotho, there are Nigerians, Zimbabweans and South Africans. When God calls a man, he fights his battles and He convinces everyone to follow you.

“We will be two-years-old this month as a ministry. We have almost 300 members. The name of the church is The Evidence Church,” he said.

Asked if he had really quit making secular music, he said that he was considering recording a new album.

He said, “My spiritual life is different from my talent. People always think that once you are doing God’s work, everything that comes out of you must be gospel.

“My new songs will be inspirational and about love. But my spiritual life is more important to me now than my music career.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

Comments And Opinions On Any Part Of This Website Are Opinions Of The Writers Or Anonymous Persons And They Do Not Represent The Opinions Of Ella's Media

Pictures and culled stories posted on this site will be given due credit and is not the fault of Ella's Media if they are NOT given original credit from website culled from.

N:B. If you have a complain or story, please contact Ella's Media via nuellaopeters@gmail.com or +2348068124206