Tuesday 28 June 2022

I’m Still Searching For Right Candidate, I Only Submitted Dummy Running Mate – Tinubu Tells INEC

 

The All Progressives Congress (APC), presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu has admitted submitting a dummy to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as his running mate.

At the 60th birthday of the House of Representatives speaker Femi Gbajabiamila, held in Abuja, Mr Tinubu: “I’m still searching for my running mate.”

“I could see a deputy (Wase) sitting down there too. You are very good symbols of unity, dependability, and honesty; thank you. Thank you for both of you. You’ve not rocked the boat,” stated the APC presidential flag bearer.

He added, “I will need to learn from both of you how you made the pair work because I’m still searching for my running mate.”

The erstwhile Lagos governor thanked Mr Gbajabiamila for playing a crucial role in helping him to clinch the APC presidential ticket.

“What you did during my primary (APC presidential election) is a story for another day. I’ve spent more time, too many times, and people might be bored,” Mr Tinubu pointed out. “They might be envious too. They might be jealous. I won a landslide. I thank you. Femi, with your determination, and reach, you are a contributor to our democratic growth. Thank you. It is about charting a path to success, you’ve done a good job, and I say thank you, thank you.”

Mr Tinubu’s statement on his search for a running mate lent credence to claims that the name he submitted to INEC was a stopgap until he found a suitable vice-presidential candidate.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

Comments And Opinions On Any Part Of This Website Are Opinions Of The Writers Or Anonymous Persons And They Do Not Represent The Opinions Of Ella's Media

Pictures and culled stories posted on this site will be given due credit and is not the fault of Ella's Media if they are NOT given original credit from website culled from.

N:B. If you have a complain or story, please contact Ella's Media via nuellaopeters@gmail.com or +2348068124206